Experiencing diversity is a part of living in a civilized society. Difference does not equal a right way and a wrong way, it is variety that can lead to a common goal. Understanding the various forms of diversity makes for a better company and world in general.
Diversity is the inclusion of a wide variety of people of different races or cultures in a group or organization. It is vital that every employer and employee has an understanding of the concepts diversity. This course will discuss many diversity topics, such as how it relates to race, age, employees with disabilities, pregnant and lactating employees, and sexual orientation
- Define diversity
- Understand various forms of diversity
- Comprehend the importance of diversity training
- Handle conflicts with regard to diversity
- Identify ways to encourage diversity
- Prevent and discourage discrimination